Experienced California Trustee’s Counsel
In addition to our work with government agencies and municipalities, The Weist Law Firm provides counsel to banking institutions and corporate trust departments who act as trustees, paying agent, marketing agent, tender agent, dissemination agent and escrow agent in public securities offerings. In this capacity, we undertake due diligence reviews, draft trustee related revisions to documents such as indentures and protect our client’s interests throughout the transaction. We have years of experience with public financing issues, and we use that experience to answer questions, identify potential problems and compliance issues and ensure that each transaction proceeds smoothly.
Representing National Investment Banks
At The Weist Law Firm, our Scotts Valley, California, based firm has served as counsel to national banks such as Deutsche Bank, US Bank and Bank of New York. We advise our banking clients from inception of the transaction to conclusion, identifying any special issues that need to be covered by the trust agreement or indenture. We ensure that our clients have proper representation when the operational provisions of the indenture are determined.
Duties of Trustee’s Counsel
We both develop and review:
- Indentures and trust agreements
- Collateral and security matters, including revenue pledges, tax and assessment liens, site leases and the like
- Investment strategies and investment agreements
- Opinions on compliance with state and federal bank laws and trust agreement guidelines
- Procedures such as redemption provisions and amendments to the indenture
- Definitions of default and acceptable remedies
- Letters of representation
- All matters relating to the management of funds generated by the bond offering
Our firm has developed connections with numerous public and corporate finance division heads at major investment banks and banking institutions, each of whom can attest to the meticulous nature of our services to public offering trustees. Contact a knowledgeable trustee’s counsel at The Weist Law Firm headquartered in Scotts Valley, California. You can contact us online or call us at 831-438-7900 to learn more about our services.